Thursday, April 22, 2010

Running

In my effort to get into shape, I have started running. I thought it would be awful! I hate that feeling of claustrophobia when you have trouble breathing. However, it wasn't that bad. It is a hassle to get into the workout clothes after a long day of work, but I have been doing it! It has been about two weeks now. It turns out that I am fairly competitive...with myself. I like to beat my own records. I push myself to run a little further each day. Unfortunately, I really haven't been taking the time to build up my muscle and endurance like I should.

First, I twisted my ankle. Now, both of my knees (one more than the other) are killing me! I can barely walk! And stairs!?! Forget it! They are getting a little better, but it has thrown off the habit of running every day that I was getting into. Add this week of unexpected rain and you get very little outside exercise! I hope that I can get back into it once the knees get better and the weather clears up!

1 comment:

ardensia said...

Just think of the pain part like Hell Week in swim. Once you get past it, nothing else you do seems quite as bad.