Sunday, October 02, 2005

General Conference

This weekend was the Church's semi-annual General conference. I did not get to watch as much of it as I would have liked, but things came up. I did get to watch all of this afternoon's session though, it was really good. I love listening to President Hinckley speak. He's just one of those men that you think of as a grandpa-figure. He looked really good too, last conference he looked so tired. It was a very quiet weekend because most people here went to Utah to see the conference, or went to be with family.

My friend Niki and I were the only R.A.s here, and the manager was gone. It was a good thing that there weren't very many people, that could have made our job a lot more difficult. I also had my own room this weekend, as all my roommates but one were gone. It was weird. I'm not used to having my own room up here. It was still nice though, a little quiet but whatever. Audra got back a few hours ago, we are still waiting for the rest of our roommates.

I think weekends are too short. We need, like, one extra day. Here it is, already Sunday, and I have already got to get ready for school tomorrow. :( Oh, well...Not much I can do about that. I think this month is going to go by really slowly. We have no school breaks to make it shorter. Next month will be better, and December will fly by. I hope everyone else is doing well. Take care!

No comments: