Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nothing New...

Things are pretty much the same right now.  I am subbing a lot at my mom's school.  I am requested pretty regularly there; which is nice because I am getting to know that school, staff, and students really well.  The kids are excited when they see that I am subbing for their teacher for the day.  That makes me happy.

I really miss my friends up in Utah.  I need to plan out a visit.  Unfortunately, time and money would need to be just right for it to happen.  I might be able to do something over the summer, but I would like to see them before that!

My ward is still really small.  I am, once again, a R.S. teacher in the ward.  At least it is a calling that I know well.  I am still just waiting to age out in June; I will figure out where to go next after that.  Hopefully, I can find a good ward with people my age that I can make friends with.  We will see...

The family is doing well.  My grandpa had a health scare a little bit ago involving surgery after having some mini-strokes.  He is doing much better now!  Prayer works!  Danielle is doing well in her nursing program.  Drew is doing the pathways program through BYU.  Michael is trying to apply to local colleges for next fall.  Dad has been very busy with projects at work.  Mom is busy at work as well; in addition to keeping busy with her callings.  Jack is doing great.  He still has massive crazy moments where he just has run around the house and get the crazies out.  His favorite spot to sleep is in my lap when I am sitting on the couch.  He curls up into a little ball.  He is a little big for a lap dog, but I love it!

So, that's it.  I am really grateful to be home for the holiday season.  I am still looking for a teaching job.  That's about it.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: